I feel really REALLY offended.
I am SURE the men in my life do not go about raping people. PERIOD.
They do not have to ‘control their desires’. Nope, raping does not even feature in their list of desires.
When they would see a drunken girl on the street, they will help her, no matter what she is or is not wearing. They will NOT rape her.
I have gone on various shopping trips with guys who are friends, they never got ‘excited’ even when sometimes the store keeper changed the entire mannequin’s clothes!
So when BMC stated that:
In a move to prevent “wrong acts” by men and to provide for women safety, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has cleared a proposal banning the display of lingerie on mannequins in Mumbai, reported CNN-IBN.
The proposal has been cleared on the grounds that such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women”
Are we being told here that men are vile, cannibalistic and mindless animals who get excited by seeing any female form, even if it is made of plastic, and then go about raping anyone they meet?
I am deeply offended.
- After lingerie mannequin ban, Mumbai politicians want ban on lingerie ads too (ndtv.com)
- Indian city considers mannequin ban to curb sex crime (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- “Such mannequins will excite men and pose a danger to women.” (indianhomemaker.wordpress.com)
- Mumbai bans lingerie-clad mannequins to save men from ‘impure thoughts’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- It may be curtains for lingerie on mannequins in Mumbai (thehindu.com)
- ‘No dummies tummies!’ Indian mannequins covering up to cut sex crimes (wikkorg.wordpress.com)
- ‘Indecent’ mannequins banned in Mumbai for fear of inciting rape (irishtimes.com)
- Indian City Considers Banning Mannequins Wearing Lingerie (businessinsider.com)